Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Caramel Chocolate Brownie Crinkle Cookies

They look amazing when shown on the site, don't they? 

Well, as they are written right now, they're not as good as you'd think.
I made them, but they were... not chocolatey enough. 
And, I'm a girl and I was craving chocolate, so this was kind of a problem.
However, I will give the recipe and also my adaptions for the next time I make these bad boys:


Caramel Brownie Crinkle Cookies
From the sixsistersstuff.com blog.
1 package fudge brownie mix
1 cup all-purpose flour (
less than this, more like 3/4. If you can manage 1/2 cup, that'd be even better I believe this was the main problem with these)
1 egg
1/2 cup water (I would also half this and do 1/4 C water. The less liquid, the thicker the dough, the easier it will be to make dough balls)
1/4 cup canola oil (Again, I would suggest less than is put here. You don't want too much liquid, but if you need more because it's too dry, put it in.)
About 24 caramels, cut in half
Powdered Sugar, for rolling
Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl beat the brownie mix, flour, egg, water and oil until well blended (and be sure it is not runny, but somewhat firm and moldable, otherwise this will be an issue later when rolling into balls and in powdered sugar). Place powdered sugar into a separate bowl. Scoop up a tablespoonful of dough (you can use a cookie scoop if you want, but it will still work if you don't have one) and push a piece of caramel in the middle (I would put 2 halves of a caramel into the cookie. It needed more when I made them). Roll the dough around the caramel so it is completely covered. Drop by tablespoonfuls into the powdered sugar and gently roll, shaping into a ball. Place 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.   
Yields: about 4 dozen cookies (if they're really small cookies...)

*We found that after these cookies cool down, the caramel in the middle hardens. We popped them in the microwave for a couple of seconds before eating them and the caramel melted right up! They are so good warm!



So there's that. I must say, I think if the dough wasn't so stiff like I had mine, the caramel would melt more too, which would make it even tastier. 
That's all I got. Here are some pictures of how mine turned out. Still tasty, but I think the more gooey chocolateiness would be even better with these tweaks :)







0 comments:

Post a Comment