Thursday, January 3, 2013

Things To Look Forward To

Doug and I have been feeling awful for weeks. 

As stated in my previous post, Doug and I were sick for our 1 year anniversary. It's now been almost 2 weeks of sickness for us. Colds, flues, he even got an ear infection. Last week, Doug was even hallucinating in the middle of the night, saying that little people were running to his throat to help make it feel better... It got that bad. Yesterday it was the worst for me.

I started to become super nauseous and even got the joy of dry heaving for a solid 10 minutes in the morning. I ended up not even going to work because I felt awful, worn out and in lots of pain. I decided I'd try going to my niece's birthday party last night though because they fly back to DC tomorrow and I hadn't seen them in 2 years until they came to town a couple weeks ago. My mom was making dinner for the entire family and made one of my favorites; Clam Chowder! I was thrilled and scarfed down a huge bowl full. That was a mistake. After spending hours chasing around this cute little guy:


I was worn down even worse than I had been in the morning. We got home a couple hours later and I felt awful, again. Only this time, I actually threw up, and dry heaved some more. So many stomach pains; seriously my diaphragm wants to shut off from the pain. The awful part about this is that it will never matter how many times I throw up when I feel nauseous for the next long, long while. Because it will never go away.

Simply stated, I'm pregnant.
We're expecting.
There's a bun in the oven.
I'm Prego.
Whatever you'd like to call it. 

You should all look forward to the day you or your loved one joins me in this beautiful adventure of dehydration and continual nausea. I cannot wait until this feeling goes away (definitely one of the things I'm looking forward to most!). Though, we really are excited for the little one to join the family. I promise, we want the baby, are excited for it and are looking forward to the new adventure! I'm simply just as excited for the sickness to leave me alone as I am to find out the gender and have it arrive :)

3 comments:

Kelsi said...

YAY for you! Congrats Heather!

Ally said...

Awesome! Congratulations cuz! Very happy for you, and hoping for a speedy end to morning sickness. Xoxo

PS. How many weeks are you?

Whitney said...

That is so awesome! Congratulations!

Post a Comment