Sunday, January 13, 2013

Write.

I lucked out.

Last March I went to a writing conference at Provo Library and it was amazing. I got to meet and talk with a number of my favorite authors, namely Tracy Hickman (who helped me fall in love with reading and want to be a writer), Shannon Hale and last, but not least, Brandon Sanderson. Brandon has written some of the most epic books I've ever read; literally my mind was blown by the end of the Mistborn trilogy. And listening to these authors speak about writing has been the most helpful in improving my writing.

Before I even went the the conference, I wanted to take a final writing class at BYU. I've been talking about taking the one from Brandon Sanderson for about 2 years now, wishing I'd have a chance to write under his wing. I never thought in a million years that I'd actually get that chance. Hundreds of kids try to get in every semester, and this semester was no different. I was on a waitlist of over 30 people. But somehow, I got in.

I'm taking Writing Fiction from Brandon Sanderson, and it's going to be epic. I'm so excited, words cannot even begin to describe. It will be an interesting semester to be sure. But an amazing one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment