Friday, January 4, 2013

Stomach of Steel

So here's the thing about being pregnant. I don't understand those who enjoy it. Maybe that's because I'm still in the sick like a dog all the time stage. But I can't imagine it getting better.

I've been nauseous for a month straight. It's awful, to say the least. I don't understand how there are women who have 19 kids. My mother clearly has a stomach of steel because there is no way I could ever possibly have 8 children, with no twins or triplets etc. 8 pregnancies sounds awful.

I was so excited to get pregnant. I'm still excited. I want this baby so very much, even though it's only an inch or so long right now. But I just wish I understood why in the world being pregnant makes you sick. I've researched this and everything I find just says it's impossible to know and it's probably a combination of hCg and estrogen along with all the other hormones and other fun things going on with my body right now. But that isn't very helpful. And doesn't get rid of the sickness...

So by all means, if any of you have some tips, lay them on me. And please, don't mention black licorice... thinking about having to eat that stuff may actually make me hurl again. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment