Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Matter of "Human Rights"?

I will never understand this. Ever.
Legalizing gay and lesbian marriages isn't actually going to change the fact it's wrong.
Not only that, they have the same rights as I do.
I can marry someone of the opposite gender... so can they.
I cannot marry another woman, for I am one.
They can't either.
Legalizing gay and lesbian marriages isn't "upholding their rights."
Legalizing gay and lesbian marriages is giving more rights.
And in this generation, that's all people want.
More, more, more!
Give me more rights. Give me more money. Give me more health benefits.
And I'll take, take, take.
And never give back.
What a messed up world we live in.
Why should you get more rights than I do?
And before you have the gall to go off and say I'm an ignorant fool who just loves the bible and doesn't have any sense of these modern times, I do have friends that are gay and lesbian, good friends I might add, so don't even go there. I accept them as they are and I still love them just as much as my other friends. However, I also don't want their beliefs shoved onto mine, just as they don't want mine shoved onto them. 

1 comments:

Ted Riquelme said...

I'm curious what precipitated this blog post. You always tell me how you're not into politics, but this seems pretty political.

Post a Comment